March 08, 2012

What kind of a man I am…



What kind of a man I am…
            I usually analyze myself every time. Here I write, to analyze what kind of a man I am…
Trip to Karaikudi…
            It was a grand occasion where we have been invited for wedding of our friend Karthik’s sister. We are about to go by a van but I was driven by something go by bus. Pari, the real ‘thane’ guy accompanied me.  We’ve started our journey at 22:00 Hrs. I realized that I’m going to learn something in this trip! May be as a sign of Omen! As soon as I joined Pari, who was in a white T-shirt I felt that if satheesh was there with a Green one, we would’ve been a Patriotic group! Coz I was in a saffron coloured (!) one.  You can hardly find a crook that sees logics in the shirt colors!  My travel comprised of three sessions. First is travel to Karaikkudi, second the ceremony and the third was my return! I’m not about to explain the ceremony or the second session. I’m just sharing the first and third sessions of the journey where I learnt something.
            My journey can be viewed in two views, one as a Semi Modern Engineering student and the other, a semi classical learner. I have both of them in me.  To start with modern guy, Pari and I were balking busses in erode bus stand and finally seated in a good bus! It started, as usual we were talking politics until we reach Trichengode and we went on our dreams. I don’t know why I just woke up after crossing Namakkal and looking out like an owl till I turned up Trichy. Something was disturbing me. I realized that it was Pari who leaned on my shoulders for his dreams. I was unable to resist his sleep. How could he sleep when I am awake? Each and every time we cross a place, I woke him up and said hey that’s a good place see. He replied that if he had an option, he would turns his ears off while he s with me. Funny! Somehow we reached trichy and we started moving towards Karaikkudi. The Road was so bad that it could not fit any roadworthy vehicle. Almost after a tough Journey in bus, I thought I would’ve chosen the van! After reaching karthik’s home, I was about to get ready. My friends were late as usual. When karthik took us to his home I saw road full of cattle and pets. I took each and step very carefully so that I should not disturb those. People fetch water from their own well. A tree per home seemed to be a different life style. I just wondered that lack of technological growth.
That was the end of first session and we enjoyed in the second.
 The third session was heart breaking. I forgot to fill my water bottle. Oh My God! I noticed it when my return was already commenced. I was thirsty and I can’t do anything. Damn it was express bus and would hardly stops anywhere. The Next stop is pudukottai and that too is almost 40 km away. We asked the conductor if he has some but we got nothing. Pari suggested me for a sleep. I slept. I planned to wake up in pudukottai & get water. Pari joined my sleep. I heard something like “water packet, water” in the middle. I was happy and I woke up. I saw our bus coming out of the pudukottai bus stand after a 5 minute stand there. Damn I missed it! I’ve to wait another 50 km! Oh No! I perceived as if the water in my body is draining. In the interim, I saw a group of people celebrating their local festival. Water was spread on the road for them to avoid the heat. I too had the same water in my eyes. The worst experience! I saw people who were carrying pots that were filled with fire what they called as “poo chatti”,in bare hand. Ouch! It is very hot even to see! I don’t know how they are carrying. Also, I have heard “Alagu Kuthudhal” (Sorry! I couldn’t get exact terms. Too bad of me) but I saw it for the first time. I was panic-struck. Mean time, I saw some girls giving water packs to those in bus, I was happy to see lights in my way but when my turn had come, bus started rushing forward. Once again I missed! At last I drank Water in Trichy! Relieved!
A Journey that I wish never happens again.

**wait**

This would have been a bad conclusion if I had a semi modern Engineering Student!
But I prefer something different to this. I love to be a semi classical learning fellow. I really love to be this!
As usual I talked politics with Pari till Trichengode. I admired my best friend, who left the chance of going in the van with all friends only because I would be alone, sleeping in my shoulders. Whenever I saw some beautiful views and I never failed to proffer him too.  I looked all around Trichy and I slept when I was moving towards Karaikkudi. The road being a damaged one roused me every time to show me something which I had never seen. I saw Trichy city glowing in Orange light.  Every time I get up, I saw something beautiful. Thank You Road! While going to karthick home, I saw people growing Plants in their home. Pets were treated as if they were their children. Dogs, Cats, Hens, Chicks, Goats, Parrots and the list go on. I guess no stranger can do mishap there. The interior decoration was exceptional and that’s how I wanted the session 1 to be. I did!
Session 3
I learned something. I realized how this hunger and thirst look like. The Conductor to whom I asked for water checked his bottle and found there was nothing. I saw the disappointment in his face. I saw the man who is feeling for his inability to help. I learnt from him. I saw the people in the local festival dedicating themselves to their God. When I missed water in Pudukottai and in the local festival, I felt something is waiting for me.
I rushed out in Trichy bus stand to get a water bottle and start drinking. I saw a small girl in an unbearable-to-see dress, showing her hand towards me which meant ‘give me something”. I realized something. Usually I won’t help these children as my idea is their boss somewhere is enjoying all we give to this children yet this time I saw what I was doing for last 2 hours. I had money but nothing before me to buy. They have everything before them but no money to buy. My hand went to my pocket where I kept the remaining change after getting water bottle. There were some notes. I didn’t count, I don’t and I won’t do that. God showed me something to feel the pain of others. Then on, Pari and I came home happily!
A wonderful journey I wish to happen again in my life!
I prefer to be the second! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from You