March 05, 2012

Why did i do ths.....


Everybody knows what the thane cyclone did to our Tamilnadu on 30th December 2011. Cuddalore District and its surroundings were much affected. Coconut Trees, Cashewnut Trees & around 2 lakh hectares of field were devastated. Farmers are almost about to quit farming. A cashew nut tree requires 10-15 years time to give cashew nuts. It is almost a loss of a 15 Yr old child to a parent.  It is a heart breaking thing. Also, there is no electricity, water supply and even no basic needs. Tamilnadu stands top of the list in Relief Fund Providers for Kargil War and Relief for Gujarat Earthquake. We have helped them a lot but it is time to give our hands to our brotherhood which may not help them to recover but at least to wipe off their tears.


                    Inspired by the act of the vocally & orally challenged 10 yr old students of a School in Tirupur, who have given their 'savings' money of around 8000 rupees as a fund, a Final Year Mechatronics Engineering Student A. Pari, my good friend along with a Final Year Civil Engineering Student T. Anand, initiated a Programme to create awareness of Thane Cyclone and to collect Relief Fund from our Department. Later by the motivation anad co-operation of the students of Mechatronics Engineering, This idea was taken to principal of Kongu Engineering College. Our principal has given full freedom to do the same for the entire college. Five of Our Final year students [Pari, Prathap, Parivarthanam, Nasrudheen, (I thought of underlining this… too bad of that!) and Yuvaraj] along with three Civil Engineering Final year students [ Anand, Madan & Manoj] started our mission on 01.02.2012. We went to each and every class of the college with proper permission from the authorities, and motivated the students. Every student of our college was ready to help. The process of collection was carried out in each class by a volunteer from them. It was too bad that there are a few classes where no one rose for this and we were happy that in some classes there were 30 to 40 guys & gals rushing to be a volunteer. Meantime, our principal took half a day salary of our faculty both teaching and non-teaching and collected Rs. 2,74,716!
                    We were proud that Mechatronics Engineering Department is not only doing technical activities but also indulges in social service programme. The Final Collection, from various classes of the college, was Rs. 1, 74,078! We extended this into Kongu Polytechnic college where we got Rs.50, 000. So in total we had RS. 4,98,794. We planned to give it to Vikatan NGO in ENTHUSIA 2012, Our college cultural fest. It was easier to make a video presentation on such a big day when u have ur friend as a co-ordinator! Yes, Nijanthan of Final CSE helped me in that. Mr. Tamilaruvi Maniyan was shocked to see our job. He was very happy to see this. He appreciated and included our work in his speech of Valedictory address. Also the prize winners returned their prize money worth Rs. 3350 and we’ve collected more than 5 lakhs!

Everything was fine I posted this not to make me or us great instead to inspire someone somewhere to start helping the needy like us! After this, whenever I roam in college I see some gals say ‘hey, thane guy’ among themselves when they were crossing me. I was happy about that. Also two other college guys called me and said that they are gonna establish it in their college! I understood tat we have achieved something! When we were analyzing some mistakes by us, I found tat there were some mistakes which has to be avoided was mine! Even though there were many mistakes by others, mine was noted! Every time we discussed about it I was driven crazy! Meantime I got the maximum credits. Legally I was the one who recieved more compliments. I spoke in Civil B where we received the Highest Contribution! I spoke in the classes where my friends are! I should’ve not done tat! I should’ve not joined Pari in this, but I did! Y? Why did I do tat?

There is Something which decides everything!

1 comment:

  1. Yep...There is Something which decides everything!
    Nice job ...really proud..

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear from You